Holidays are always so much fun, you get to see family and friends, eat delicious food and spend some quality time with your loved ones. Holiday dinners are always pleasant and enjoyable, and it’s a nice gesture to offer to bring along a dessert with to pitch in. Making dessert tends to sound like a daunting task, but this dessert is so simple and easy to make, it’ll become your favorite! We are talking about, of course, the classic chocolate pie. This classic dessert is an all-time favorite, no doubt about it. Whether you bring it to a holiday party or a Christmas dinner, everyone will enjoy it!
- 4 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups ultra-fine sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- (optional) 1/4 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 fully pre-baked 9-inch pie shell
- 3 cups whipped cream
- 1 chocolate bar, roughly chopped, shaved, or melted into chocolate curls
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat up the chocolate in 20-second intervals, stirring in between each one until fully melted. Set it aside to cool for 10 minutes or so, until it’s room temperature.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl, use the paddle attachment and cream together the sugar and the butter on medium-high speed. Keep mixing until it becomes fluffy. It should take a minute or two.
- Once the chocolate cooled, add it gradually to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the espresso powder, and beat the mixture on medium-low speed until everything is combined well.
- Add the vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Switch to the whisk attachment, add one egg, and beat for 5 minutes on medium speed. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs, beating the mixture for 5 minutes after adding each egg. In total it should take 20 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and use a spatula to smooth the top and make sure the mixture is spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours at least.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Serve and enjoy!
*This pie does have raw eggs in it.