Making healthy changes in your life can be very challenging, especially when it comes to food. For the most part, people tend to think of nothing but fruits and veggies when someone mentions that they’re ‘eating healthier’. The truth is, however, that while a healthy diet does typically consist of many fruits and vegetables, there are so many other foods to incorporate that can make a world of difference. All the same, there are foods that can be missed when eating healthy, like pancakes. Well, we’re here to tell you that you won’t be missing them for much longer! While this healthier alternative to pancakes is delicious, keep in mind it’s still high in calories. Even so, this recipe is a delicious way to satisfy your cravings while avoiding seriously unhealthy foods. To top it off, this recipe is so easy and quick to make!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional, but feel free to substitute with whichever sweetener you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 3/4 cup milk (any kind of milk works)
- topping suggestions: syrup, powdered sugar, honey, fruit, chocolate chips, etc
- Preheat a pan or griddle to 325 degrees (165 Celsius) – medium heat.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, vanilla, and Greek yogurt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet while mixing them together.
- Stir in the milk until everything is combined. Make sure not to over mix.
- Grease the griddle or pan and pour in 1/4 – 1/3 cup batter in.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for about 2 minutes until the edges look “dry” and bubbles form on top of the batter.
- With a thin spatula, flip over the pancakes and allow them to cook for another minute or two.
- Serve with any toppings you like and enjoy!